Welcome to the 2014 SMP National Training Meeting!
The U.S. Administration for Community Living (ACL) is pleased to announce this year's National SMP Training Meeting. The meeting will take place in Washington, D.C. on August 19 - 21, 2014. As in the past, ACL's purpose for hosting a national SMP meeting is to assist, support and inform the 54 SMPs nationwide. The 2014 National SMP Training Meeting will offer an opportunity to review core values and practices that define the SMP program, yet also hone new skills to strengthen our program outreach efforts and our involvement of volunteers.
In addition, this year ACL has extended an invitation to the SHIP Directors to join us at the SMP National Training Meeting. Our goal is to provide everyone with an opportunity to learn and explore new ways to enhance their programs and partnerships and our agenda has been arranged so that both programs can benefit from the information being provided. We are excited about exploring these new opportunities and to working more closely with the SHIP program and grantees.
All SMPs must attend, with up to three participants per SMP program. The meeting budget is based on an average of three participants per SMP program, so if not every SMP plans to bring three participants, there may be availability for other grantees to bring more people as space permits. If you are hoping to register more than three participants, please first register your three allocated attendees and then contact Doris Summey at ACL to place your remaining attendees on the waitlist at 202-357-3533 or email@example.com.
Since space is limited, SHIP directors are invited to send one representative from their program to the conference this year. If you oversee both the SHIP and SMP program, you may bring one additional person (up to four) without being placed on the waitlist. As with the SMPs, if you would like to register more than one participant please contact Doris Summey at ACL firstname.lastname@example.org so that we can place your additional attendees on the waitlist.
- May 5 – Registration opens.
- July 18 – Registration closes. However, the last day to guarantee discounted hotel room rates is July 28.
- August 19–21 – This year’s meeting is scheduled for two and a half days. Please plan to arrive on Monday evening.
- Additional information will be provided on this website throughout the spring and summer.
- For agenda-related questions, please contact email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- For logistical questions about the conference, please contact Aisha Walker, Westover Consultants, at 301-657-5819 or email@example.com, or Doris Summey, ACL, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We look forward to seeing all of you in August.
Josh Hodges (Acting Director, Office of Elder Rights)
Rebecca Kinney (SMP Program Manager)